Monday, October 29, 2012

Holidays are Here!

This is one of the best times of the year because all of the holidays are coming up!  This past week we went to a couple Halloween parties and it was so much fun to dress Tanner up in his giraffe costume.  I really wanted to dress up as a family, but I did not think we would be able to think of something to go with a little giraffe.  Luckily I have an awesome husband and he thought that we could be a couple on a safari and we could be taking pictures of the little giraffe:)  We went to Savers and had a really fun time picking out our costumes and I think that they turned out better than I had hoped.


Well we can't continue without mentioning the awesome pumpkin that Craig made this year.  I love that when he sets his mind to something he does it all out.  The first time we made Easter eggs together I did not realize what I was getting myself into.  He had the tape, floss and hair dryer out and I think I was done a couple of hours before him... he is awesome!  I remember last year when he made his pumpkin I actually went to bed and he came and woke me up to show me his pumpkin when he was finally finished.  That's my man!  I know that if I can get him into one of my projects it will turn out great because that's just how he is.  The tricky part is just getting him really to get into something.

Tanner did really well with his costume on his first Halloween and I think it kept him nice and warm.  He is a giraffe that likes to have a pacifier, but I think that all giraffes are like that right? 
He is definitely starting to move around more and he gets restless when I hold him for long periods of time.  At church he really likes to sit on my lap with his head backwards so that he is looking upside down.  It is pretty funny.  He is so much fun and he is seriously so good!  I hope all my kids are like him, but I have been warned that they won't be:)  



Things are going great here in California so far.  Our house is finally all put together and all the boxes are unpacked!  I will take some pictures and post them once my house is a little cleaner:)  It was a lot of fun because when we moved we didn't have any furniture, so we went on craigslist and found free stuff everyday to add to our furniture collection.  We spent a lot of time painting, sanding and staining in those first few weeks, but now that all the furniture is done I am so glad that we took the time to do it.  

Our ward is awesome and it has been a lot of fun for me to get to know the girls here.  Everyone is so friendly and it makes the transition to a new place so much easier knowing that I have friends here to hang out with.  I am actually going back to Vegas for three weeks and I am sad to miss out on the fun things that will be going on here, but the grandparents miss their grand baby so off to Vegas we go on Saturday:)

Anybody else have any fun Halloween Parties?












No comments:

Post a Comment